i went through the drivethrough at starbucks this morning and got something more expensive than i thought. and it turned out the person in front of me paid for my order. the person behind me got something cheap, so i paid for the person behind them as well, to make it even. it was an oddly weird situation, but i guess it’s a good thing. paying it forward, ya know.
also, i’ve been making collages on canva, taking pics from pinterest and grouping them together in ways i think are pretty. i try to make them *aesthetic* if you wanna call it that haha. and then i upload them to notion, where i’ve been journaling.
i words and quotes and writing them down and having them there and keeping them safe. i think the bio of my instagram includes a self-descriptor of “quote-collector.” what a title, i know. lol but i think where i’m going with this is i’m gonna write down some wordssss i’ve collected recently:
- every color is influenced by the colors around him; in paintings + in the real world
- be the reason someone feels welcome, seen, and loved
- we are all literally made of stars✧✧
- make your heart the most beautiful thing about you –but remember it’s okay to set boundaries
- there’s nothing more powerful than proving to yourself just how strong you are
- how fucking cool is it that everyone is just…who they are. unique + proud of ourselves, it’s wonderful
- everything is more beautiful because nothing is permanent
- words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality (edgar allan poe)
and now, unrelated, some reflections:
- boredom is a killer. that’s nothing new, of course, but i have to get more creative to combat it, and i have to have more oomph when it comes to just startinggg.
- candles make me happy. it’s the little things.
- my brain was weirldy quiet today, and it’s almost distracting, but i guess it’s not a bad thing to have some peaceful moments of just…stillness